Everything You Need To Know About The Safety Of Craft Resin:

Posted by Craft Resin on

Various people are still wary of using epoxy resin because of concerns about its potential dangers. However, advances in epoxy resin composition over the past decade have made it possible to use some types of epoxy resin without worry.

Let's have a look at this in terms of Craft Resin (please refer to the manufacturer of the brand you are using for advice on safety that is brand-specific, as all brands' compositions vary):

 

Using the CAN20-140587 testing ID, our transparent epoxy resin has completed REACH.

 

Craft Resin's epoxy resin kit contains the best ingredients and emits no toxic gases or volatile organic compounds (VOCs).

 

The formulations have no inert fillers or diluents, so all ingredients react. As a result, none of the constituents can escape and cause problems in the atmosphere.

 

It does not pose a fire hazard in its liquid state, provided it is not contaminated with specific substances, such as alcohol inks. Because of all these factors, it is not considered a hazardous substance and may be transported by air without any problems.

 

Craft Resin is non-toxic and safe for use in the house, but this is only true if you use it in accordance with the directions and in a room with adequate ventilation. But what exactly does that mean?

 

According to all of the safety requirements, a resin marketed as non-toxic and devoid of volatile organic compounds (VOC) has no components classified as harmful. Craft Resin is put through a battery of exhaustive tests by an independent third-party business. The volatile organic compounds, or VOCs, in a resin, make it poisonous. If a resin does not have any VOCs, combining A and B cannot make it dangerous since VOCs make a resin toxic. Because this does not contain any volatile organic compounds (VOCs), clear epoxy resin does not emit any harmful chemicals regardless of whether it is heated with a heat gun, heated in a warm sink, or left at room temperature.

 

It is crucial to note that what consumers smell is not fumes, which is why we recommend using a mask or respirator when working with Craft Resin. The reason we do this is that Craft Resin creates a mild odour. In addition, determining whether or not the ventilation in your workplace is enough can be quite challenging. Therefore, it is best to play it cautiously to protect oneself.

 

VOCs are ubiquitous, and these chemical compounds are responsible for the pungent odour of permanent markers and the "new" odour of plastics (and even the scent of the perfume or aftershave we wear). Because the heat produced during the curing process reduces the boiling point of the VOCs, resins that include VOCs are considered poisonous. This is because the VOCs give out harmful fumes and vapours when their boiling point is lowered. Resins containing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) typically have a powerful odour or fragrance to them.

 

Because the volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in a resin are not present in one that claims to be non-toxic, the heat created during the curing process will not be able to emit any potentially harmful fumes or vapours. Craft Resin has a significantly lower level of odour than other resins that include volatile organic compounds (VOCs).

 

The terms "toxicity" and "sensitization"  and their similar pronunciations may confuse certain individuals. When a dangerous chemical is breathed in, absorbed via the skin, or swallowed, it immediately triggers a response in the organ that is being harmed. The term "toxic" refers to a wide variety of substances because it describes the effect that something has on a certain part of the body.

 

As, it involves a reaction from the immune system, sensitization is the same thing as an allergy. It's not an allergic reaction when someone has a toxic response to anything.

 As with lots of things in life, the resin contains natural and man-made elements, which affect us all differently depending on our immune systems. For example, some people are allergic to peanuts, but that doesn't mean that peanuts are toxic. Someone can become sensitive to the resin and develop an allergic response, but that doesn't make it toxic. Sensitization is your body responding to a stimulus.

 

Toxic effects and allergic responses are generally different symptoms but sometimes can present similarly - for example, an anaphylactic response is similar to a respiratory irritant.

 

If you have any reactions or abnormal symptoms when using Craft Resin, always consult your GP/Doctor as soon as possible.

 

Also, always wear personal protective equipment as a barrier to stop any irritation from happening in the first place.

 

If you need more information, please contact us, and we will assist you with more safety information, or we can provide you with our testing certificates.

 

What Safety Measures Must I Take?

If you adhere to the accompanying recommendations, you can confidently use Craft Resin.

 

  • Get some gloves. Sticky epoxy glue can irritate your skin if it gets on it. While we provide gloves in each of our kits, anyone with latex allergies should consider purchasing their own.
  • Crystal clear epoxy resin should avoid coming into contact with skin, but if it does, you must coat it immediately with soap and water.
  • Don't rub your eyes if you get any substance in them; instead, flush them with water for a few minutes. Talk to your doctor right away. Wear safety glasses or goggles to prevent epoxy resin from entering your eyes.
  • Go for some fresh air and get to work. If working conditions prevent you from moving to a cooler place. Or if you can't determine whether or not your workspace has adequate ventilation, you can use a respirator.

Food Safe:

After fully cure, you can utilize Craft Resin as a safe food contact surface. Craft Resin has been independently tested for leaching and migration according to international standards and has passed all of them. When used as indicated, Craft Resin does not release any chemicals into food. Epoxy Craft Resin's Safety Data Sheet (SDS) is a good resource for more information.

 

Using Craft Resin While Expecting:

Craft Resin is non-toxic and suitable for household usage. However, the safety of using epoxy resin during pregnancy has not been tested. If you are thinking about the health of you or your unborn child, it's best to consult with a doctor. Suppose your doctor gives you the green light to continue working with epoxy resin during pregnancy. In that case, we strongly advise you to examine the safety measures you regularly follow while working with Craft Resin. Be careful to take extra breaks away from your creative area and work in a well-ventilated environment while wearing complete PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).

 

Team Craft Resin

34 Oz Clear Epoxy Resin Starter Kit with Hardener for Art and Craft
34 OZ CLEAR EPOXY RESIN STARTER KIT WITH HARDENER FOR ART AND CRAFT
1.06 GALLON CLEAR EPOXY RESIN PRO KIT WITH HARDENER FOR ART AND CRAFT
1.06 GALLON CLEAR EPOXY RESIN PRO KIT WITH HARDENER FOR ART AND CRAFT

Older Post Newer Post

0 comments

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published