This course is another course created by the amazing Resin Artist Deby Coles. Find out more about Deby and her instructional techniques here.
In this course Deby takes you through building your first resin geode together step-by-step, covering the basics of how to get started, how to plan out your design and colours, how to add bling with glass, crystals and gems, and how to get neat resin bands that don't bleed together.
This is a course for resin beginners looking to create amazing geode-inspired resin artworks.
Maybe you've dabbled with resin before, perhaps just some simple clear coating on coasters or artwork. Now you've discovered how amazing it can be and seen some of the geodes made from resin and want to make them too. But resin and geode materials can be expensive. You could dive right in, spend a lot of time and money and end up with a piece that just didn't work out - and all those materials are wasted. Taking this class will help you avoid those mistakes and leap up the learning curve so that your first piece will be amazing.
In the class, Deby covers a wide range of topics concentrating very much on the basics for creating resin geodes. It assumes previous basic knowledge of resin working but you will still cover safety and supplies needed for working with resin. You'll learn how to pick the best surface, what materials you can use and where to get them, how to keep your resin layers from bleeding and moving too much, and how to tease them into the shapes you want for your resin geode.
Once you have the basics and your first resin geode completed, your creativity can kick in without fear of failure and you'll be able to take it so much further, create amazing designs you will love.
What you’ll learn
- You will understand the basic equipment needed
- You will be able to make choices about your materials
- You will be able to design your own geode art piece
- You will be able to create your own beautiful resin geode
Who this course is for:
- Resin beginners, intermediate or advanced users
- Those who are new to resin geodes and have not made one before
- Resin users who have made a geode and found the colours all ran together
- Anyone with an adventurous crafty nature looking to try a new art form
- Acrylic pouring artists looking to take their skills to the next level
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Aimed at near-beginners who have perhaps used resin to clear coat in the past. Some prior resin experience is useful.
- Tools needed: 2 part resin, a firm substrate to work on, pigments, paints, glitters, and other embellishments of your choice
- Basic resin working supplies: Mixing and measuring cups, stir sticks, etc
- Safety equipment recommended: Gloves essential. Respirator recommended for those who may be sensitive to fumes.
If you'd like more information about Deby's courses, or any of the Craft Resin Courses that have been launched so far, click below:
More courses are being released each week, so keep checking back to see what you'll learn next.